Do you have a morning ritual?
Do you do the same things morning after morning? I hope the answer to this question is YES! We are creatures of habit. When you follow a routine, your day starts in the “flow.” It is comfortable.
I have a couple of ideas that may help energize and start your day with a lift.
1. When you wake up – greet the day – stretch your arms upward and cheer the arrival of a new day.
2. Set your intention for the day. Whether it’s summing up one or two big tasks you want to accomplish and focus on, or selecting an overarching theme for the day (such as “calmness” or “contentment”), I’m letting the universe know here I am and this is what I intend to attract.
3. Develop a list of 3 things you are grateful for. The list doesn’t have to be complex. The items can be simple and short what it important is that they are written down. If you will do this for 21 days in a row a couple of things will happen. First, you will be amazed at the list you have compiled and second, you will be surprised by the energy this list holds.
4. Use the right fuel. As you power up for your day. What is in your breakfast? Do you eat breakfast. If you plug-in to your day, energy is a necessity. Pick something healthy and nutritious. I like yogurt and oatmeal coupled with fruit. It sticks with me and warms my stomach. Power Up!
5. In closing, your entire morning will start out better with a little planning the night before. Do you lay out your clothes, your to-do list as well as any extra items? Make sure it is easy to find your keys, briefcase, purse, etc…. This keeps the morning on track and stress free.
Try a few new morning traditions and see how it changes the course of your day.
Grace & Gratitude!